Friday, June 6, 2014

LatiSphere - A lattice setting for Charm Squares on Point!

I had planned on doing a short tutorial for this quilt today. Instead, I got carried away with pictures and instructions, and next thing I knew I had cut up fabric and packaged it all up as Setting Kits for my Etsy Fabric Shop!
Really no mystery to it though, if you are looking for a fast pattern for a charm pack, this requires 41 x 5" Charm Squares, 64 sashing rectangles 2" x 5", and 40 cornerstone 2" squares (20 each of two colors).  Set it all up in rows, stitch it all up, and you have a quick and easy baby quilt top made with just one Charm Pack! I used Sphere by Zen Chic, but this color scheme works well with a lot of current charm packs as well.
I love the random zig-zag pattern, it is one of the easiest FMQ designs I have stitched; no marking required and it is very forgiving to errors!

Linking up with other finish partiers:
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
TGIFF at Glory Be Quilter
Link a Finish Friday at Richard and Tanya Quilts

Thank you for reading today and have a great weekend!




5 comments:

  1. I love the way the quilting carries on out to the border

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great setting for turning charms into a fun, quick quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love charm packs and this is a perfect project for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, and I *really* love this charm quilt! Perky quilting on it, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I stumbled upon your quilt while looking for info on "on point settings" for quilts. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...