Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A bit of Mondrian Inspired Goings On



Piet Mondrian Inspired Wall hanging, 27" x 24"

A quick wallhanging stitched up for my hubby!

Self-threading needle makes tucking tails a breeze, right at the machine!
First I made these little mugrugs so I could play with threads and patterns. You can probably see where I ripped the stitches from the upper right one, not liking the design I stitched in. I tried several patterns before I settled on the simple wavy lines. I am getting more accustomed to my Juki. It is faster, and the pedal touchier than my old Bernina, and I am still working to improve with consistent speed and stitch lengths.

These coasters were photographed on the Mondrian-inspired coffee table Ty made this month...
Piet Mondrian inspired mugrug coasters, 6" Sq



Ty is busy preparing for Art in the Park, a HUGE Fine Art show coming up in Boulder City, NV.

RU curious what is up with the Coca-Cola Crate?
Poster pic ripped from website
 
He does a lot of unique furnishings, and the little green side table is one of my recent favorites..
 I also love these...
Today he is busy making a resting bench. The seat is gorgeous redwood. Likely, it will be appreciated by at least a few of the 100,000 people expected to attend.
 
What I am most excited about are the quilt/barn blocks he is producing...
I will post a bit more about these soon!
 
Regarding Quilting this week, I am preparing a Carpenter's Wheel block Tutorial.
 
 And, I have to admit my NewFO projects look the same as last month (!)
Pretty even though there's been no recent progress...  Hang tough, but maybe don't hold your breath...
It has been a busy month, and a busier one coming up, but in a great way!  
Amy, of Crafty Shenanigan's would say we are feeling very GREEN around here.
And that is a good thing.
 
Linking up with:
 
 
Lee Molli over at, Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday

7 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fun post - do you know, it took me a moment to realize those were binding-job clips on the one corner, and not a part of the quilt? ;D LOVE IT! Your husband's furniture is neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, my goodness! looks like I should have brought the kids to your place for something cool to do in vegas. =) the art furniture is awesome and your Mondrian stitching a wonderful compliment to them. bet that will be a great event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you did a Mondrian inspired quilt! They turned out great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun stuff here. I love the barn blocks. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husband's art furniture is so very cool! I just love the coasters that you did complements his furniture so well. The quilt blocks he is producing are just great! I particularly like the black churn dash! I look forward to hearing more about them as well as your Carpenter's Wheel block Tutorial. I really like that block. Thanks for sharing. I'll be following you on Bloglovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post! Your Mondrian inspired quilt and mug rugs are wonderful and the furniture is too cool! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all, very much, for the Nice words about my furniture designs and Metal Quilt Blocks. Truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...