Sunday, May 26, 2013

Baby Girl Quilt

I got busy finally on a new quilt for my nephew's baby girl, expected the first week of July. The shower is next weekend, and although I cannot attend, I thought it would be nice to have a quilt mailed in time. She likes French style, and I have been looking at my stash with this in mind for some time now, but have not really a notion of what that French style might be. There is no color theme, and I noticed her Pinterest board has very muted neutral tones for baby decor. I finally chose to cut into some Amy Butler fabric I have been hoarding. Although the style may be floralish than mom's, I thought it's somewhat monochromaticedness  and traditional pattern may help keep it toned down. It is still pretty busy though, and now I wish it were a bit more babyish ...
Maybe if I'd made the patchwork a bit smaller. I started with 6.5" squares (so I could use my template), then cute the bands 2" wide, (an inch on each side of the center line. This made cutting and piecing a breeze, and the blocks are 5.25 finished. But as I so often do, I am feeling stuck in the process now, and my border options aren't coming together well either...

I'm starting to picture this as the center panel of a large quilt. Maybe with some large applique work around it... 

So, of course I have stopped production altogether to explore a whole new idea. Inspired by the Shower invitation, I pulled some solid brights, and think I may be able to do this little quilt idea in the next couple days with raw edge applique (we'll see). I love the little sheep fabric for the backing,

Yesterday I completed the top of Terry's quilt. I will baste it at Guild on Tuesday. Still deciding on the quilting...


 
And I completed Hello Moon, May BOM. Too cute:-)
Linking up with What a Hoot BOM !





2 comments:

  1. Hi, Heidi - you have some great projects here! And it's so fun to see someone else working on Hello, Moon. :) Love your white "drawing" thread - that looks really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!! These are beautiful!!!! I love the one you had made for baby!!! Sounds like you have another wonderful one in mind!!!! Love the Goodnight Moon blocks also!!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...