Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Christa's Quilt Along - Hugs and Kisses Quilt

OK, I am half way finished with this week's assignment for the Hugs and Kisses Quilt Along led by Christa over at Christa's Quilts. I have been wanting to make this pattern for a long time now, so participating was a no-brainer for me. The Quilt Along will keep me on track, and I am loving my fabric choices - it is going to be so cute!

If you are into FABRIC, you may enjoy this shameless post:

All my projects were brought to a hault this weekend! I was unintentionally sidetracked Saturday morning when I went looking for a pink fabric in my fabric closet. Only a quilter could understand, but three hours went by before I realized I was actually doing an overhaul. I just kinda got stuck in my closet -


I removed anything under 1/2 yard and folded it like a fat quarter.



I removed anything I did not feel I need to keep any longer (a large laundry basket full!). I separated the vintage fabrics that I just can't part with. I filled a bin with fabrics that may be good for art quilting, but not likely for anything else. It turned into quite a project! It all looks pretty good now, but I did not touch all those flannels, knits, wools, tons of CHENILLE'S (up top), fleeces, the scrap drawer, or the leather drawer, most of which are very rarely used and really taking up valuable (cotton!) space in there.


And if I were to sort those too, I could probably fit my Christmas fabric box (stored in my bedroom at this time), and my batiks (overflowed into a cardboard box) which have outgrown my 'batik cabinet'
Can you relate? I know it is SHAMELESS, but I LOVE my stash! 
 
This is my palette and I hope you enjoy the view!
 
I am proud to say I did not purchase any fabric for the Hugs and Kisses quilt:-)

1 comment:

  1. Your bow ties look fabulous and I'm very impressed with how nicely folded your stash is :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...